Friday, January 14, 2011

Taco Soup

Well I finally made my first pot of Taco Soup.  My mum has been raving about this soup for years and that she occasionally makes big pots of this herself.  I think she and my dad enjoy this on chilly winter evenings.  I think she freezes alot as well.

I found this Taco Soup recipe on the Our Best Bites website.  The recipe was incredibly simple and I was amazed at how much it made!  I'm not sure if I made more than what was called for in the recipe though as the measurements of the tinned items were slightly different here.  We had two huge bowls ourselves for supper and I have another 5 good sized portions (Chris had seconds) tucked away in the freezer for another time!!
 Yum...sour cream.
Even better with the addition of cheese and tortilla chips!!

A great recipe and definitely worth another try.  I see from the Our Best Bites website that they're coming out with their own cookbook next month.  I have been following this blog for several months now so I know this book will be filled with delicious ideas!  Well worth the purchase I believe!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I bet you made a lot cos you're practicing for when you get more house guests, right? Like when Aggy and I pop by [bg]

    ReplyDelete