Thursday, January 6, 2011

Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna

MMmmmmmm, lasagna!
This one looked and tasted delicious!  I'm not sure how fattening it was, but it tasted incredibly rich!  I've never been one for vegetarian dishes, but OMG!  You'd never even miss the meat in this dish because it is so flavourful on it's own!

I found this recipe through another blog called Oven Love.  She posted this recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna back in October and I immediately starred it to make in the future.  Again, this was a dish I would have never made for just myself, but now that I'm living in England and I can enjoy cooking for Chris....time to make this fabulous looking dish!
I also took the time to make some home-made bread to go along with this dish.  I was at Sainsbury's recently and found a special type of flour in their bread aisle.
Being Canadian, how could I not buy this!!??
The loaf didn't rise as much as I had hoped for and it was fairly dense.  I think I'd used the wrong type of yeast...anyhow, it was still awesome!  There is nothing like freshly baked bread!
I just realized that this was the second loaf we made with this flour.  The first didn't do well, so we went and bought more.  This time I put Chris to work with the 10 minutes of kneading required (bum elbow and unfortunately kneading makes it worse).  He did a great job and this particular loaf was great!  Much better than the one I'd attempted to make a few days earlier.

I really did love this lasagna though!  I can't even say how yummy it was.  I do have another squash in the fridge at the moment, but I'm thinking I may attempt making butternut squash risotto instead.  Sounds delish too!

No comments:

Post a Comment