Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pico de Gallo

I've just finished making home-made Pico de Gallo and it is chilling in the fridge now.

I have a pot of taco soup currently simmering on the stove and thought this would be a great accompaniment...along with some yummy cheese and a dollop of sour cream!  It was super simple also and well worth all the time chopping.  It was very fresh tasting and would be an awesome snack with some tortilla chips.

Pico de Gallo
6 plum tomatoes
2 small white onions
2-3 jalapeno peppers (I think I added 3, but then I love it spicy!)
Large handful of cilantro (think mine totalled about 1/2 cup)
1 lime

Chop the first 4 ingredients finely and toss into your dish.  Squeeze juice of one lime over top and mix all together. Chill for a little while before enjoying.  Although I couldn't resist trying it out myself.
More on my taco soup later.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that looks sooo yummy! I could eat that all day.

    ReplyDelete