Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chocolate-Dipped Orange Shortbread Rounds

Ok, I lied. I'm still up and blogging.  I don't have to get up in the morning and I can already hear Chris snoring upstairs, so why not post another recipe or two. :-)
I have a huge weakness for shortbread! YUM!!!!  My mum always made it growing up and I don't think I could get enough!  HHmmm, that must have been why I joined my first gym and started working out like a mad woman!  All for the love of shortbread! :-)  Mental note...must go back to the gym!

Anyhow, I was catching up in my google reader the other day and spotted this delectable looking recipe for chocolate dipped orange shortbread.  It looked awesome and totally worth a try!  (look away now Aggy!!)

The first step was to mix the dough, form it into a log and chill it for about one hour in the fridge.
That done, you cut it into 1/4 inch rounds and place them on baking sheets.  I think I may have cut my rounds too thin and too thick at times.


As I mentioned it's called Chocolate-dipped orange shortbread rounds and can be found on the Culinary Chase blog website. 

The kitchen smelled wonderful as these were baking!  I couldn't wait for them to be finished!  But still more work to do!  I prepared a bowl over a pan of boiling water to melt 2 large bars of Belgian chocolate.
And finally they are ready to dip!
Although, from the feathering around the edges of the cookies...it appears that I may have added too much butter.  Who would have thought there was such a thing as TOO much butter!!??
As you can imagine...they were OMG delicious!  I was drawn to them every time I walked by the kitchen (this is not a good thing!!)  I kept a few at the house, but thankfully Chris brought the majority of them into work!  Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Eee! Melting Belgian chocolate... droool... I wish I was eating these right now!

    ReplyDelete