Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Baking Powder Biscuits

My next baking experience was biscuits.  I'd always wanted to make baking powder biscuits...so now that I had the time, why not?!  I honestly can't remember where I got this recipe from, but it must have been somewhere on the internet.  I just don't appear to have bookmarked the site.

I also ran into some problems when I realized how few kitchen items Chris had.  And of course I should have realized that he would never own a single baking item.  Time to improvise!!!
An empty bottle of champagne makes a fantastic rolling pin!  I was pleased at how well it worked.  Next, time to find an alternative for circular cutters.  Drinking glass...check!

So far so good really.
They looked gorgeous baking in the oven...and unfortunately that's where my photos end.  I'm still getting the hang of food blogging and tend to dive into my dishes before I remember to take any photos at all of what I've prepared!!  LOL!!  You can't blame me though....damn, they're THAT good!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, champagne baking - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Champagne is just wonderful for everything! *smile* Actually, D..it's so inexpensive here..it's great! Still can't wait for you to come and vistit! Fingers crossed for April!

    ReplyDelete