Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chocolate & Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Squares

So more on what Chris and I baked last week.  We made these totally delicious Chocolate and Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Squares that I found on the Picky Palate blog.  I had planned on doing this particular recipe several weeks ago to bring to a friend's place at Thanksgiving, but with the house being on the market I was so busy preparing for all the visits, that I just didn't have a chance.  I was then eager to make it while Chris was here! 
Here's the finished product....Charlie is pouting in the background because of all the wonderful smells in the kitchen and not being given any!  My leaf sprinkles look kind of cheesy.  I just thought they were fitting for the time of year.

Here's what it looked like on the inside..minus the two pieces Chris and I had to sample.  It was wonderful.  It doesn't look near as good as Jenny's though from Picky Palate.  I just couldn't get my chocolate to smooth out as well on the top and as a result it was a bit too thick in spots.  I didn't think this would matter, but I then had trouble slicing through those spots and instead the chocolate would press down and the pumpkin pie filling would squish out the sides....this also happened a bit when biting into the square.  Not that that would stop me....still yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Who's going to complain about thick chocolate? [g] Poor Charlie... Thank you for bringing me some, it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete