Friday, November 5, 2010

Bacon, chile and cheddar quiche with a shredded potatoe crust.

As I mentioned I've been doing lots of cooking and baking while Chris has been in town this week and this particular recipe I found at the For the Love of Cooking blog.  She posted a recipe last month for the Canadian bacon, green chile and cheddar quiche with a shredded potato crust that looked totally delicious!  I was a bit reluctant at first because it looked a bit time consuming to make (I love the easier the better), but it didn't take me as long as I thought and was it ever worth it!!

Here's my prepared crust.  I think I could have squished a little bit more water out of it..and perhaps baked it just slightly longer, but it was still delicious! It was also extremely garlicky before I added the filling..but once it was all put together it was great.



Here is pre-baking *smile*  It looked so good going into the oven!


And here is post-baking.  YUM!  It was so good and Chris raved about it like mad!  Good thing, because he's getting leftovers for lunch tomorrow!


I can't wait to show you the curry phyllo triangles I made...more on that tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Curry phyllo triangles! I love me some curry phyllo triangles [g]

    ReplyDelete