Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Time to try this again

I honestly can't believe I haven't written anything here since 2013!  Yikes, have I ever been delinquent! So, I'm going to attempt to give it another try, but this time I'm also going to include posts about my garden as well as anything else that maybe pops to mind. Maybe I'll actually keep it up this time!

Rose in back garden
So, anyone who knows me knows that I spend so much of my free time in the garden.  With having expanded the flowers beds a few times since we moved in six years ago, I often end up having to spend hours deadheading.  I tell my husband that our garden is my happy place. 

View down front main flower bed
















It is a constant work in progress and I have made so many mistakes over the years.  The main flower bed is mostly full of perennials and I can't tell you how many times I've had to move plants around.  Honestly, I don't think I always read the plant tags well enough (I have the same problem with recipes!) and I put them where I think they'll do well, only to have them be dwarfed by the plant in front of them...oops.  
















Yup, I'm trying to pay better attention now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment