Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'm back!

Wow, I've been so delinquent with this blog again.  And so much has happened since I've been gone!  Most importantly, I got married to the most wonderful man!  We'd been doing the long distance thing for several years while I lived in Canada, but then we made the decision that I move over the England...and let the wedding planning begin!

We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day in October.  With a sleeveless dress I was worried I'd be cold, but I couldn't have been more wrong!  The sun was shining and it was gorgeous and warm!  Perfect..perfect..perfect!!
Isn't the dress lovely!?  I got such a wicked deal by buying this from China!  We were on a bit of a tight budget and I found this dress online, took a chance in ordering it and it was just lovely when it arrived.  I had a few minor alterations done at a local seamstress and then it fit like a dream!  And I only paid about £140 in total!  Better  than the £450 I would have paid had I bought the cheapest dress I'd liked in the shops!

It was so good to see everyone again, even though I didn't get near enough time to talk to some people.  And everyone looked fabulous!  It's always so nice to see people dressed up!  And even better, everyone got along so well!  Our friends and family are awesome!  We're so blessed that some people came from so far to celebrate our special day.  It really meant alot to me.



The venue was so lovely and the staff couldn't have been more helpful!  I also have to rave about the wedding cake we chose.  I lucked out when I found Natasha who wasn't far from the venue and she has a special technique where she paints on the cakes...anything you like!  So with our Canadian connection and being in October, I wanted something with maple leaves.  We chose to have a small top tier of yummy chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache for ourselves (half still in the freezer to enjoy together) and then maple flavoured cupcakes with maple butter cream for all our guests.  The top cake was painted with a scattering of leaves and each cupcake had a single disk on top with an individual maple leaf.  Beautiful!

If ever you need a wedding cake or extra special hand painted treats  anywhere near Buckinghamshire, please call Nevie Pie Cakes. She's worth every penny!

You can also keep up to date with all the events she's involved in by following her blog Amelie's House.  It's from here I found out about her visits to Selfridges in London and popped in and got some delicious hand painted gingerbread cookies in December! YUM!

Aren't the cupcakes adorable!?



So after all the excitement of our wedding, we luckily had a few days of down time in the South of Spain.  It felt good to finally lay back, put our feet up, relax and order a pitcher of sangria!  Ah!  We stayed in a little village just North of Marbella called Benahavis, which is renowned for it's restaurants and often referred to as the dining room of the Costa del Sol.  How convenient..since I love to eat! *smile*  I'll gather up some photos and add more on Spain in a later post.

We returned home to pack up the house, load up the cars and moved to our new home in Hampshire.  We had a few months together here and now unfortunately hubby is working overseas for a few months.  Ah well..so I get to explore the area on my own until he comes home again.  Wait till I post some pics of my walks with Charlie in the area!










1 comment:

  1. Congratulations all over again, Helen! You two look so sweet.

    Love those Canadian inspired cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete